incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Cleanup of Docs section of OOo wiki?
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:59:05 GMT

On Dec 18, 2011, at 8:20 AM, Shane Curcuru wrote:

> On 2011-12-18 7:01 AM, Jean Weber wrote:
> ...snip...
>> Just checking: when editing am I supposed to be in the raw HTML? (This
>> isn't a problem; I actually prefer to edit in the code. I'm just
>> checking that I'm not missing something.)
>
> It depends.  When editing, you'll be editing the checked-in source that generates that
particular page.

> In some cases, this is HTML, because that's what we have checked in.  In other cases,
it will be .mdtext, or Markdown syntax, because that's what's checked in (and is auto-converted
into HTML by the build process underneath the CMS system).

> Best overall ref:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html
>
> But note: Dave and many others have done a huge amount of work with the ooo-site build,
which uses a variety of different formats and builders to make the site work.

The only markdown in the ooo-site is just added. ooo-site/trunk/templates/topnav.mdtext.

The approach to the html is as follows:

Extract the html in the <head> and in the <body> using sed then these are injected
into ooo-site/trunk/templates/skeleton.html

In the the case of ooo-site you will see all html. If the html doesn't display then the extraction
has failed. In the most recent case it was because the <body> tag was continued to a
second line.

Any html page may be replaced by markdown by adding page.mdtext and removing page.html.

Regards,
Dave