incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Moved over the old OOo archive
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 21:15:03 GMT

On Dec 4, 2011, at 12:53 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> On 06/11/2011 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> Am 11/05/2011 03:02 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>>> the archive is missing old builds (i.e., < 2.3.0).
>>> They were removed from the archive "to save space". If space now allows,
>>> I can provide the older builds that had been removed from the archive
>>> (or at least a complete history of Italian stable versions). ...
>> if you think that this
>> is not enough and the localized releases are still needed (you are
>> right, I cannot imagine it ;-) ) and Infra is fine to provide more
>> space, then why not.
>
> After just addressing a request from an 81-year-old user who was looking for his beloved
OpenOffice.org 1.1.4 in Italian (yes, I knew you couldn't imagine...) I now have all old Italian
versions available at a non public download location.

I have an 79 year old mother who has to use WordIX on DOS :-)

> What should I do to have them added back to the archive then? Should I open an Infrastructure
JIRA issue maybe?

I was not aware that Infrastructure added OOo legacy downloads to http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/

So, I guess the question is what procedure should be used to update the archive with the missing
versions from: http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/localized/it/

Looks like there may be an Infrastructure issue.

Regards,
Dave