incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Extensions and templates
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 17:04:18 GMT
Andrea / Gavin,

On Dec 12, 2011, at 8:55 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

>>> I checked, got  a very clear 'no problem, no issues, please take it'
>>
>> I assume this is enough for us to start looking at the code, even though I would
appreciate a public comment by Oracle about this.

>> So you can count me in, my initial focus being on the following two issues:
>>
>> 1) On the existing site, find out what web services / servers in the openoffice.org
infrastructure we depend on for authenticating users, and check that authentication can go
on even if the main OOo site is migrated. This must be checked before the main OOo infrastructure
is moved to Apache. Shell access (or access to the site code anyway) would be best.

> If authentication counts on a URL like openoffice.org then we can leave that IP behind
at Oracle. http://openoffice.org already redirects to www.openoffice.org. It would be good
to know because it effects DNS.

> But we could specify all 137 website subdomains individually, and leave *.oo.o and oo.o
pointing as now.

Any thoughts about this idea? We really ought to proceed with the site migration pronto.

Regards,
Dave

> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> 2) Once the site clone is ready, disconnect it from the single-sign-on and migrate
all accounts by notifying users properly.