incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org on Wikipedias in various languages
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:01:22 GMT
Hi,

Le 19 déc. 11 à 11:20, FR web forum a écrit :

> ----- Mail original -----
>> De: "Rob Weir" <robweir@apache.org>
>> However, inserting a point of view regarding what is and isn't a
>> 'fork" is not something that will be well received by other Wikipedia
>> editors.  They want factual information, a neutral point of view,
>> backed by authoritative citations.
>
> You are right Rob
> And french WP editors confirm: AOO is a fork.

And this is plain wrong.

I remember they did their best to drop the OOo4Kids page at the
begining, and we had to fight and ask for help to a lot of people to
avoid the page being removed.

> Reason: old releases are not supported by ASF and english WP
> article is a Marketing message.

I think Rob remark about Microsoft is very relevant. Anyway, it's
obvious french WP people scratched their head a long time before to
find the most little reason they could.

I would like to see an official position from the Apache people. Is
it possible ? (maybe a link I missed ?)

> See: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discussion:Apache_OpenOffice.org
> If you have some information to contradict them, you should publish
> your official position on Apache blog.

Honestly, I have some doubt they will change anything.

Regards,
Eric Bachard

--
qɔᴉɹə