incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [Code] strategy for "child works spaces"
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 10:39:51 GMT
Hi,

Le 3 déc. 11 à 11:09, Marcus (OOo) a écrit :

> Am 12/02/2011 09:25 PM, schrieb eric b:
>> Just "en passant", I'd suggest to rename the preferences folder,
>> e.g. :
>> ~/Library/Application Support/ApacheOpenOffice/ on Mac OS X to avoid
>> confusion with the previous 3.3.x
>>
>> What do you think ?
>
> Of course a good thing. But I think it's a logical step as OOo is
> now done in any form of appearance in the product.
> IMHO this applies also for the strings in the basename for the
> install and user directory.

Sure, we'll have to :

- modify the application name ( instsetoo_native, sysui, desktop,
setup_native)
- change the logos (ooo_custom_images, setup_native, sysui)

On all OS's that is, but this is not a problem imho.

In fact, rename the preferences folder is the direct and most simple
way to install Apache OpenOffice.org beside OpenOffice.org without
break anything.

Regards,
Eric Bachard

--