incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 19:30:01 GMT
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2011, at 10:27 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

show up on the live instance. And actually I can't see the previous commit by you either (revision
1203948), so I'm probably looking at the wrong pages or I didn't trigger some update procedure.

OpenOffice) at

huge and we need to co-ordinate w/Infrastructure. I expected to get to wrapping last week.
I plan some work today. Depending on that someone should co-ordinate the publish step for
ooo-site with Infrastructure.

   At

specific topnav and adjusting the footer as best I can tell from LEGAL-104.

land on a proper page - contribute / participate changes.

>>> Since you started another thread. Let's discuss this there. Or better wait until
tomorrow and the situation might differ.

>> That's OK.  I'm looking to help, not to debate.  I'm sure there are
>> others who would like to help as well, on the content editing side.
>> But it is bottlenecked right now.
>
> That is a matter of opinion. Several people have made commits to ooo-site. http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html

No one is looking to edit ooo-site purely for the sake of editing.
They want to have it published where users will actually see it.
Right now, if someone wants to edit the non-wiki portions of
openoffice.org then they are bottlenecked.  Going live with your (and
Kay's) great ooo-site work will eliminate that bottleneck.

-Rob