incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 22:09:18 GMT
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

<snip>

> I've already answered. I've been very clear. Nothing has stopped others from working
on ooo-site.

I apologize if I was not clear.  I'm not interested in editing
ooo-site.apache.org.  I'm interested in editing www.openoffice.org,
the site that users actually visit.  I assume that is what most people
want to edit.

The fact that the PMC does not have the ability currently to update
the website is a problem.  I realize that this is not a problem that
you created.  I also know that you are trying to address this.  We all
appreciate that.  But you are one person only, and you appear to be
the bottleneck.  That is not a personal attack.  It is an observation.

If you think this work will take much more time (say more than 2 weeks
more) then you would do us all a great favor and help the project
immensely if you could write up a plan for the remaining work, break
it down into remaining tasks, and ask for help with the remaining
tasks, so we can move this forward faster.

And again, I'm looking for the minimum technical work needed to go
live.  Updating the "why" page or the "contributor" page or any other
existing content should not hold us back from going live.

> These incessant and accusatory emails are not encouraging me to finish.

I'm not accusing you of anything, David.  I'm encouraging you to
release early and often and enable others to help. I hope that others
on this project can have priorities that may differ from yours without
you taking it as a personal attack.

-Rob