incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Off topic
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:18:30 GMT
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2011-12-13, at 10:43 , Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> This may be a bit hard to imagine, since OOo never really developed
>> this kind of ecosystem. This was due to license and control issues.
>> But we have the opportunity now to encourage a healthier ecosystem.
>
> You are in error. Actually, OOo did develop numerous such ecosystems where one could
donate funds or contribute work. These were autonomously managed, for the most part, by the
NLC projects. But we also used a central dyad, SPI and TeamOOo, and the contributions were
from users.

Not truly autonomous if they were relying on using the OpenOffice.org
trademark and suggesting that they officially represented the project.

So we never really had that degree of independence.

-Rob