incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: help requested - Re: update of license headers for data files in i18npool
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 00:42:07 GMT
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need some help here.
>
> It is about the following data files in folder
> i18npool/source/breakiterator/data/
> -- char_in.txt
> -- count_word*.txt
> -- dict_word*.txt
> -- edit_word*.txt
> -- line.txt
> -- sent.txt
>
> (A) I did not find the original sources of these data files on [2].
> Does somebody know the original source for these data files?

Maybe try searching the old list archives:

http://openoffice.markmail.org/

When I typed in some file names, like dict_word.txt I see activity
going back to 2002 in the ancient CVS.  At that point it looks like it
was in the ICU component, or at least its placement in the tree
suggests that.  ICU came from IBM, as you know.

Perhaps it would line up more with an earlier ICU version, like in the
2.x series:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/globalization/icu/