incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: draft - Website migration(+) announcement - draft
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 23:52:48 GMT
On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 6:19 PM, kay.schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

<snip>

 I wonder whether it would be worth reviving the OpenOffice Newsletter?
>>  This was sent out to the old announce list.  It was erratic toward
>> the end, but at one point I think it was coming out every month.
>>
>> Some examples:
>>
>> March 2011:
>> http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/announce/archive/2011-03/message/0
>>
>> December 2010:
>>
>> http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/announce/archive/2010-12/message/0
>>
>> September 2010:
>>
>> http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/announce/archive/2010-09/message/0
>>
>> A format like that allows us to bundle a few small posts, news
>> clippings, announcements, etc., into a fuller package, maybe with
>> greater impact.
>>
>> For example, we could a series of these over the next few months:
>>
>> Newsletter #1:  Intro to OpenOffice @ Apache.  Announcements on
>> migration, copyleft-free build, start of test effort, links to blog,
>> mailing lists, migration status, announcement of pending retirement of
>> openoffice.org email addresses and lists, etc.
>>
>> Newsletter #2 (a month later): availability of test builds for 3.4
>> (hopefully on Windows by then), how to help with test effort, reminder
>> on mailing list migration and mail forwarding shutdown.  Gathering
>> proposals for AOO 4.0.
>>
>> Newsletter #3 -- coverage of 3.4 release, press clippings, etc.
>>
>> A newsletter could be put together on the wiki and then the
>> announcement can be a link to the online newsletter.
>>

> I think this has merit. Can we find a voluneteer? [?]
>
> ps. My earlier attempt at trying to directly post to
> announce@openoffice.org is apparently SPAM and therefor rejected. I hope
> Andrew had some luck. I'll track this down in a bit.

It looks like it went out earlier to the announce list.  I see it in the
archives:

http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/announce/archive/2011-12/message/0

I'm also seeing large numbers of users now signed up to ooo-announce.

-Rob