incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:48:10 GMT
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2011, at 6:03 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>
>> On 28/11/2011 Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>>> ps. Andrea, please do link the document in the new site :).
>>
>> Done some days ago in revision 1212124, but it doesn't show up on the live instance.
And actually I can't see the previous commit by you either (revision 1203948), so I'm probably
looking at the wrong pages or I didn't trigger some update procedure.

>> My revision 1212124 modified the SVN file
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/it/doc/manuali/index.html
>> and I expected the new guide ("Guida al DataPilot") to appear in
>> http://ooo-site.apache.org/it/doc/manuali/index.html
>>
>> Similarly, Pedro's revision 1203948 modified
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/it/contribuire/legale.html
>> but I don't see the change (Protezione dei Dati su Apache OpenOffice) at
>> http://ooo-site.apache.org/it/contribuire/legale.html
>>
>> Should I use a different URL?
>
> Try http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/
>
> The publish step has not been applied. It is going to be huge and we need to co-ordinate
w/Infrastructure. I expected to get to wrapping last week. I plan some work today. Depending
on that someone should co-ordinate the publish step for ooo-site with Infrastructure.

So publishing then moves it from staging to ooo-site.apache.org.    At
the same time can we direct www.openoffice.org there?  Or is other
work needed before we take that step?