incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject [Jobs] Call for proposals for improving OpenOffice OOXML file filters
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 16:19:33 GMT
I'm not involved in this, but passing along the news in case anyone is

The Open Source Business Alliance today issued a press release
announcing a call for proposals for improving the MS Office interop of
OpenOffice and LibreOffice.  A group of German and Swiss towns, as
well as other government agencies are coordinating on funding this

The press release is here:

The specification is here (German only):

I know we've had many discussions on this list about how the broader
ecosystem could develop and how those with strong expertise in this
code base could find sponsorship to continue their good work.  This
could be a good opportunity.

It is worth noting that they are requiring the Apache 2.0 license, so
whatever code is produced would be available to AOO as well as LO.

View raw message