incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:12:26 GMT
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Gianluca Turconi
> <public@letturefantastiche.com> wrote:
>> Il giorno Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:58:50 -0500
>> Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:
>>
>>> So instead of fighting for control of the default icon set, think
>>> about making this flexible.  What if AOO was "skinable" via
>>> extensions?
>>
>> From my experience, the default icon set is what average user
>> mostly utilize.
>>

> Yes, but the average user doesn't complain about the icon set on
> mailing lists.  I'm talking about the subset of users that vocally
> complain.  Let's make it easy for them to change this themselves.
>
>> Same thing for any option.
>>
>> Skinability would be a great addition, but a decision on the default
>> AOO icon set has to be done.
>>
>> And, AFAIK, users like colors on default.

And think of it this way:  there may be other icon sets that are even
more wonderful than the color icon set you want to change to.  But
today, changing to an entirely new icon set is a big political battle
with the product.  Let's turn this into an easily technical problem
that any extension author can handle.

Let there be dozens of icon sets and themes.