incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where are we on the website migration, ooo-site -> openoffice.org?
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 18:02:26 GMT
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Subject above is the question.  I thought we were really close.  What
>> is needed to push this live?  What specifically are we waiting for?
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> Well there were there was the "clean up" item on Contributing that you
> asked for that I was looking at just now and will fix today.

My view on this:

If something is already wrong on the existing legacy openoffice.org
website, then I would not wait for it to be fixed before making the
new site live.  It will still be wrong when we go live, but it will be
no worse.   But it will be easier for others to find and fix errors
once we go live.

But if something is broken on ooo-site that was working fine on the
legacy site, then we might want to fix that first.  So aim not to be
worse than what is on openoffice.org today.

-Rob