incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Announce list is live
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 20:15:37 GMT
On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 2:44 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 14:26 -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>

>> > Hi Andrew --
>> >
>> > I just forward the message I received from Rob in total to "
>> > announce@openoffice.org". Got a return from SYMPA that the editors would
>> > look at it. If you or anyone else knows some magic to push this through,
>> > that would be great. The announce@oo.o has about 84000 users!
>> >

>> FYI, we currently have only 134 subscribers to the announce list.
>
> And the sky is blue - my suggestion use the website cut over for a
> legitimate announce list class event - send to both the new and the old
> announce list (assume and ask for it to be moderated onto the old one) -
> put a copy to the blog, even if others a planning more extensive blog
> posts - an extra simple post won't hurt.

It might make sense to webs site migration, along with all the other
migration accomplishments as part of a general engagement with those
users.  Here's what we've done, here's what we are doing now, here's
what to expect in 2012, here's where to find more info, etc.

Remember, aside from a few hundred people (a relatively small number)
most of the 84,000 subscribers to the announce list will be hearing
about AOO for the first time.   The initial note will be our
re-introduction.

-Rob