incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] IBM Lotus Symphony (ODF) Viewers now freely available on Android Marketplace and Apple App Store
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2011 01:44:53 GMT
On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Malte Timmermann
<malte_timmermann@gmx.com> wrote:
> Hi Don,
>
> nice stuff - but may I ask why the viewers only exist for mobiles, not for
> the desktop systems?

The viewers are written to the iOS and Android SDK's.  You can't run
on desktop's except through emulators.  And from our perspective we
already had desktop and web server-generated HTML viewers for ODF.
What we lacked was a viewer for disconnected mobile use.  So that's
what we made.

-Rob