incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 01:19:59 GMT
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <> wrote:
> Rob, are you saying that you would not edit ooo-site simply because it is not being served
as ?


> There are many ways that assistance is welcome, especially if folks notice the breakages
and report them in a way where they can be swept up in the preparation of the staging site
either before or after cut-over.


> I believe that is a false contrast.  Perhaps it is simply that folks aren't aware that
help proofing and coming up with fixes to the site are welcome.


> Folks can see the results on ooo-site, come up with further ideas, etc.  Think of it
as the running draft version of the soon-to-migrate site.

My question was what was needed before we can go live.  I'm hoping
we're not waiting for a greater degree of perfection than existed in
the legacy website.

>  - Dennis
> PS 1. This podling has not been in existence for 6 months (yet); site migration and terms
of use was not early on the agenda by any means.

We entered incubation on 6/13/11.   Our six month anniversary will
officially be in 2 more days.  My humble apologies for the gross

>   2. Leave me out of the hyperbole please.
>   3. I also believe that I said I had no objection to the current wording on the wiki
notice.  If not, I'm saying it now.  I have no objection to this: <>.
 It addresses my fundamental concern.
>   4. And I have had nothing whatsoever to do with any extended duration of this particular
thread.  Although thanks for the inviting mention.

A few posts earlier in this thread Dave said that one of the steps
remaining before we go live was:

"Make sure that Trademarks and Dennis don't have any issues with
license notices and copyright."

I'm glad to hear now that this is not an issue.


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rob Weir []
> Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:06
> To:
> Subject: Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
> [ ... ]
> Again, the ability to edit absent the ability to publish, is not going
> to encourage effective collaboration.
> Let's get to "release early and often" on the website.  Waiting months
> for the ability to publish is not healthy for the community.
> So what is the least that is required technically to make this live?
> We can deal with your and Dennis's 6 month long debate about terms of
> use later.
> [ ... ]

View raw message