incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Build flags
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:17:04 GMT
Could we agree on some place where we can post what build flags we're
using?  If we really want to avoid build breakages, I think we need to
start building in the same way.  This includes our desk builds, but
also the Buildbot.

In theory we have a Building Guide on the wiki:

But that has not been updated since June 2010.  How do we expect new
developers to get started with the code if the build doc is not up to

And we probably have two slightly different sets of flags we use:

1) Flags for building a source release, which would exclude category-b
components.  This build would also finish by building a source
tarball.  And I think this is where running RAT is most useful.

2) Flags for building the binary releases, which would include
category-b components and produce the install sets.

Can anyone suggest a set of build flags that we should all be using?

Maybe they can be put here:

View raw message