incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 00:58:24 GMT
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

<snip>

> It is worth repeating the three special redirection cases. Two are desired and one I
think makes sense to me, it probably deserves its own thread.

> (1) redirect requests to security.openoffice.org to incubator.apache.org/openoffiorg/security/.
>
>        This means that we intend the setup as expressed on openoffice.org to be replaced.

Our current page is:  http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/security.html

So we don't have a security subdirectory on the incubator site.  We
have a security.html file in the root.  Of course this can be changed,
if needed to an index.mdtext in a subdir.  Let me know.

> (2) redirect requests to contributing.openoffice,org to a specific page. This is certainly
the consensus.

Was there consensus on what the destination would be?

Was it:  http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html ???

> (3) redirect requests to qa.openoffice.org/issues/ to issues.apache.org/ooo/. This has
been requested to preserve BZ links.

+1