incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [odfauthors-discuss] Chapter 1 of the Base Guide ready for publication
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 14:04:55 GMT
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Then the disposition of LEGAL-96 is moot and there is no need to pay further
> attention to it as far as documents from ODFAuthors go.

I'd put it this way:  As an Apache project the default is that all new
contributions to the project are under ALv2.  We don't need to discuss
further if there is consensus on that default position.

But if someone wants to push for another license being allowed for our
documentation, then we would need to discuss that and likely also get
the license classified via legal-discuss.

Personally I think it will work well if we link to externally hosted
doc created by ODFAuthors. They want to be autonomous, having their
own website, their own license, their own mailing lists, etc.,
Hosting the doc is a logical consequence.  I think this is a win-win.

-Rob