incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [WWW] Changeover is Close - Final Tasks!
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2011 01:56:15 GMT
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 1:55 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

<snip>

> (6) We will be changing references to Projects and Project Leaders to Teams and Team
Leaders (thanks Kay for the idea! it's not perfect..).

> It is a question for the project about what to do with the "Team Leader" category and
the name. There is probably consensus to eliminate "Leaders". I do think it is worth retaining
this information until it is determined if the individuals mentioned contribute to the AOO(i)
project. We can play with this after migration, but it would be good to be consistent for
the start.

As we all know, leadership at Apache is what you do.  It is not a
title.  You might the website lead today, but in a month in might be
someone else.  In fact, you might hope it was even sooner ;-)

So rather than declare "leads" in various categories on the
openoffice.org website (the public facing, user website) I wonder
whether we could just use our existing "People" page  [1]?  That
provides an easy way for any committer to indicate their interests and
it would be easy for anyone to indicate their current project focus as
well.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/people.html