incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Legacy openoffice.org email addresses in the legacy website
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 12:46:41 GMT
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 3:16 AM, Gianluca Turconi
<public@letturefantastiche.com> wrote:
> Il giorno Thu, 08 Dec 2011 21:22:37 +0100
> Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@openoffice.org> ha scritto:
>
>> These addresses are used by individuals from the Italian community
>> and (except mine) they appear in the Italian site only. I contacted
>> all of them and we will take care of replacing them on the web pages,
>> as well as checking what happened to the "luctur" alias (that was
>> used by Gianluca, as he wrote), but should be currently unused.
>
> Please, double check the cancellation of the luctur alias because I
> still receive few spam messages from that address through the account
> that was tied to the alias, but I don't know whether the alias is still
> active or the spammer's database is not updated. ;-)

The openoffice.org email address aliases are still active.  We have
not disabled them yet.  We're still working on how to communicate this
shutdown to users.

A draft of the notification email is here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/%28Draft%29+Public+Statement+on+Email+Forwarding

-Rob