incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configure and category B
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 14:00:27 GMT
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Andre;
>
> Concerning beanshell, I asked the copyright owner last
> week and I got this answer:
>
> "Sorry we have taken so long. I hope to get to this the
> weekend after next. In the meantime please consider the
> codebase to be available under the Apache license."
>
> Don't know how this affects your plans ;).

This is a good start, and thanks, Pedro, for reaching out to them.
But we'll need more than a private email to make this suitable for
inclusion in default source releases.

For example:

A) A new public release of beanshell where they indicate it is
available under the Apache license.  (I think that would be our
preference)

or

B) An SGA granting the code to Apache under ALv2 (not ideal, since we
don't want to fork or separately maintain beanshell)

Until then, I think we need to continue treating beanshell as category-b.

-Rob