incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [WWW] migration complete...at least I think so
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 03:31:34 GMT
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2011, at 12:31 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am finally DONE with the huge migration/update to
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/
>>>
>>> I saved one of the biggest to last yesterday...marketing.
>>>
>>> The total size of this repository is: 8.2G
>>>

>> Wow.  This is so cool.  Thanks.
>>
>> What tasks remain before we can go live with this as the new
>> openoffice.org website?  Is there a list on the wiki someplace?
>>
>> In other words, where can people help?
>
> On Sunday I plan to adjust the wrapping and build the table of subdomain re-wraps.
>
> I'll then negotiate the publish build with Infrastructure. It will hit the website svn
hard.

> One thing I wanted to do was add a set of navigation buttons to the ooo-site framework.

Are you talking about the "I want to...." links on the current
www.openoffice.org homepage? Or a navigator that would be on all
pages?  Trying to get a uniform nav look and feel will be hard, since
there are so many links between the various sites, especially between
the static site and the wiki pages.  Unless we can get the nav uniform
across that boundary it may be awkward.  But if we can get it uniform
it would certainly be nice.

> I was thinking of something like:
>
> - Download

+1

> - Support

+1

> - Bugzilla

This will be meaningless to 99.99% of our users.  But maybe could call
it "Report a Bug".   Of course, BZ itself is too complicated for most
users.

> - Wiki

Is wiki really a destination, something that users are looking for?  I
think of it more like a technology we use for delivering content.  So
maybe we could highlight a link to a specific wiki area, like "FAQs".
But I don't know why a user would be searching generically for the
wiki.

> - Apache Project.
> - N-L pop-up

What would we be popping up?