incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:26:02 GMT
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Gianluca Turconi
<public@letturefantastiche.com> wrote:
> Il giorno Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:12:26 -0500
> Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:
>
>> And think of it this way:  there may be other icon sets that are even
>> more wonderful than the color icon set you want to change to.  But
>> today, changing to an entirely new icon set is a big political battle
>> with the product.
>
> What do you mean with "big *political* battle with the product"?

Suppose someone links monochrome icons, or even comes up with a
different color set that they prefer over the color set that you like?

They only way they can make them the default is by persuading you, me
and everyone else on the project.

The problem is a hard-to-change default is a control issue.  And all
control issues are ultimately political.  I'm suggesting that we turn
this into a trivial technical issue and let the user choose, rather
than you and me.

-Rob