incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Announce list is live
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 01:43:12 GMT
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 8:38 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Dec 20, 2011, at 5:30 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> The list has been created:   ooo-announce@incubator.apache.org
>>
>> You can subscribe by sending an email to:
>> ooo-announce-subscribe@incubator.apache.org
>>
>> Posts from apache.org email addresses will be moderated.  All other
>> posts will be automatically rejected.
>>
>> We should promote this to the user lists and forums, as well as to
>> users via social media. A blog post?
>
> As a comment on the current Foundation post?

I meant a blog post on the availability of the announce list.  (Surely
if we had the announce list already we would have had a post on the
start of the blog)

Somehow we need to make people aware of the new list.  The intended
audience would be users who find the existing mailing lists too
high-volume,  It is good to have orthogonal ways of reaching out.  If
we just reach out to the existing lists we're missing the very users
we're trying to reach.

-Rob