incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 18:27:15 GMT
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2011, at 10:07 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

on the live instance. And actually I can't see the previous commit by you either (revision
1203948), so I'm probably looking at the wrong pages or I didn't trigger some update procedure.

at

we need to co-ordinate w/Infrastructure. I expected to get to wrapping last week. I plan some
work today. Depending on that someone should co-ordinate the publish step for ooo-site with
Infrastructure.

topnav and adjusting the footer as best I can tell from LEGAL-104.

on a proper page - contribute / participate changes.

>>> If we took the existing openoffice.org site, as-is, and hosted it on
>>> Apache, and did the redirection so it looked like openoffice.org,
>>> would there be any problem?  It would reflect the status quo on the
>>> legacy site, including possible trademark and other issues.  But it
>>> would be no worse.
>>>
>>> On the other hand, making this go live now allows all of us to start
>>> making content changes that are relevant and needed in many areas.
>>> You open it up for the other 78 of us to start contributing to the
>>> website.
>>>
>>> So if there is a way we can can the footer cleanup, etc., in-situ,
>>> then I'd urge that approach.  Otherwise we're all being held back from
>>> making meaningful corrections to the website.
>>>

>> Or to put it differently, let's not let graduation requirements hold
>> us back from going live with the new hosting.
>
> Since you started another thread. Let's discuss this there. Or better wait until tomorrow
and the situation might differ.

That's OK.  I'm looking to help, not to debate.  I'm sure there are
others who would like to help as well, on the content editing side.
But it is bottlenecked right now.

-Rob