incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Off topic
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:23:32 GMT
On 18 December 2011 14:57, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Graham Lauder <g.a.lauder@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Friday 16 Dec 2011 12:03:53 Rob Weir wrote:
> <snip>
>
> In other words you think my views are heretical.

No, they are a political perspective dressed up as if rational.

Of course, that doesn't mean that individual engineers failed
> personally, or that there were no good efforts.  Far from it.  You
> should never take such things personally.

Most of the community are not engineers.

I think acknowledging the above is key to community building,

The key to community building is to generate community spirit and a feeling
of belonging.

especially in persuading LibreOffice volunteers that their ultimate
> goals are also fulfilled at Apache, and that Apache has far greater
> means, and proven ability, to prevent control from a single
> corporation than TDF does.

Brute common sense from an individual perspective rarely realises its goal
and often has the opposite effect from that intended.
--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.