incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <>
Subject Re: Off topic
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:23:32 GMT
On 18 December 2011 14:57, Rob Weir <> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Graham Lauder <>
> wrote:
> > On Friday 16 Dec 2011 12:03:53 Rob Weir wrote:
> <snip>
> In other words you think my views are heretical.

No, they are a political perspective dressed up as if rational.

Of course, that doesn't mean that individual engineers failed
> personally, or that there were no good efforts.  Far from it.  You
> should never take such things personally.

Most of the community are not engineers.

I think acknowledging the above is key to community building,

The key to community building is to generate community spirit and a feeling
of belonging.

especially in persuading LibreOffice volunteers that their ultimate
> goals are also fulfilled at Apache, and that Apache has far greater
> means, and proven ability, to prevent control from a single
> corporation than TDF does.

Brute common sense from an individual perspective rarely realises its goal
and often has the opposite effect from that intended.

Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications (The Schools ITQ) +44 (0)1827 305940