incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "F C. Costero" <fjcc.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EN Forum Activity Summary
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2011 16:01:04 GMT
On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 9:15 AM, F C. Costero <fjcc.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A summary of of EN forum activity from the launch date to the present
>> has been posted by Hagar Delest. I invite those interested in this
>> measure of user activity to take a look at
>> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=46497.
>
> Thanks for that.  It is very interesting, and shows that the Forum
> volunteers have not lost any momentum in the transition to Apache.
> This is great news.
>
> A question for you:  Are you getting any feedback on the 3.4 beta
> release?  Or are you only getting questions on the 3.3.0 release?
>
> I'd love to have some sense, from real users, of what they think the
> top 5 issues are with the 3.4 beta, so we can make sure they are
> addressed before we release.  We don't get that kind of feedback on
> the ooo-dev list.  If we just listened to posts here we'd get the
> impression that the only thing users care about is the color of the
> icons.  I wish that were true, that everything was perfect in
> OpenOffice except the icon colors.  But I suspect we might have some
> bugs as well ;-)
>
> Is there any easy way to gather this kind of info from the forum members?
>
> -Rob

I don't recall any feedback about the 3.4 beta. There is a sticky post
in the General Discussion forum advertising the Apache OpenOffice test
builds, but it hasn't generated any comments about bugs or desired
features. It is very difficult to discern what users would like to see
in a 3.4 release from the usual forum topics which are often "I have
data laid out like X, how do I do Y"? At least, that is true in the
Calc and Macro forums where I contribute most. It might be worthwhile
for someone from the dev team to start a forum topic about the most
desired changes among the users to see what other forum participants
think.
Francis