incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <>
Subject Re: Team OpenOffice White Label Office (powered by Apache Open Office)
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:54:29 GMT
On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<> wrote:
>  2. I then wondered if "white label" had some other, independent significance.  Indeed
it does: <>.  And here too: <>.
 Oddly, the English phrase is apparently used in German as well.  I don't think the association
with bootleg music is intended though.  I will have to install the German-language version
of the release just to see how the identifier is used within the TOOo release.

Actually, by that definition, everything under the ASF is "white
label", as it's explicitly legal to rebrand it.  That makes "White
Label Office" genuinely ironic.

View raw message