incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Team OpenOffice White Label Office (powered by Apache Open Office)
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 01:44:29 GMT
This seems like a much more constructive thread.

FWIW, I know the guys at Team OO, well, at least since I first met them in
2005 at OpenOffice.org Conference in Koper, Slovenia. There is passion and
continuity here that I think Pavel speaks very eloquently about. And it's
worth respecting and supporting, in my view. This is especially true, if
they are sincere in stating they will move to exert their efforts as
volunteers in the future of Apache OpenOffice, once they are finished with
this maintenance release (3.3.1)...

Sure, there have been blunders, but we here in AOO have not been so great
with clear communications, so let's face the future, so to speak, together.

To that end, why not offer the TeamOO guys a share of the brand, something
like 'White Label Office 3.3.1, Powered by OpenOffice.org, now at Apache
Software Foundation'?

Or, 'White Label Office 3.3.1, Powered by Apache OpenOffice, the new home
of OpenOffice.org'

So long as their fund raising efforts cease to mis-lead consumers, stating
clearly that OpenOffice.org is now under the stewardship of the ASF, we're
good.

Yes?

Stefan, Martin and Goetz, please respond first. What do you think?

Best regards,

/don harbison