incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Zhe Liu <aliu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 03:01:26 GMT
Great!
Now "I want to participate in Openoffice.org" is linked to project
site "http://incubator.apache.org/openoffice". I want to know which
site should non-programming contributors like QA/Marketing/NL/Art
Design visit. "http://incubator.apache.org/openoffice" or
"http://ooo-site.apache.org/"? There is no entry for them on both
site.

2011/12/13 Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net>:
> BTW -
>
> A footer change is now appearing on ooo-site.staging.apache.org/ !
>
> The link to license.html is present. Someone please review and commit changes to ooo-site/trunk/content/license.html.
It needs work.

> I'll get to the topnav and breadcrumbs later. No delays to migration from me.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> On Dec 12, 2011, at 4:58 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> It is worth repeating the three special redirection cases. Two are desired and
one I think makes sense to me, it probably deserves its own thread.

>>> (1) redirect requests to security.openoffice.org to incubator.apache.org/openoffiorg/security/.
>>>
>>>        This means that we intend the setup as expressed on openoffice.org
to be replaced.

>> Our current page is:  http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/security.html
>>
>> So we don't have a security subdirectory on the incubator site.  We
>> have a security.html file in the root.  Of course this can be changed,
>> if needed to an index.mdtext in a subdir.  Let me know.
>>

>>> (2) redirect requests to contributing.openoffice,org to a specific page. This
is certainly the consensus.

>> Was there consensus on what the destination would be?
>>
>> Was it:  http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html ???
>>
>>> (3) redirect requests to qa.openoffice.org/issues/ to issues.apache.org/ooo/.
This has been requested to preserve BZ links.

--
Best Regards