incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject AOO How-tos
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 11:37:54 GMT
Similar to my note about the FAQs, there is a collection of how-tos on
the OOo wiki. These also need to be checked to see if they are out of
date.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos

That page is also a good place to check if you're thinking of writing
a how-to; perhaps it already exists.

What other how-to's or FAQs do you think are needed? You can either
just write one (no need for permission) or make a proposal if you'd
like to discuss it before charging ahead. Some coordination is a good
thing, as long as it doesn't mean everyone talks about what we
"should" do and never actually does any of it. :-)

In fact, I suggest people have a wander around the Docs wiki to get a
feel for what's there. Note that we stopped providing a wiki version
of the user guides because there weren't enough people to keep them up
to date... but that does not dictate what we do in the future. But
this is one of those topic areas that really needs discussion IMO, and
that discussion belongs on the ooo-dev list at Apache.

--Jean