incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: AOO 3.4 Feature impact from IP cleanup
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 14:08:42 GMT
On 6 December 2011 13:57, Allen Pulsifer <apulsifer@apache.org> wrote:
> @Ross: It is my vague recollection that we have discussed OpenOffice as
> being a special case with aspects new or different than the usual Apache
> project, and that the project would be continuing to do binary releases,
> most likely at the openoffice.org website.

See my reply to Rob, I misunderstood the point he was trying to make.

For the record, AOO is not a "special case" with respect to wanting to
do binary distributions here at the ASF, but they are not releases in
the sense they are different from the source releases. Sometimes it's
an important nuance, but not in this thread. The confusion was that I
thought there was an implication that the AOO binary "releases" would
be different from the AOO source releases. This was what I was
concerned about, but that was a misunderstanding and not what Rob
intended to say.

Ross