incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 20:50:47 GMT
On 17 December 2011 19:50, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2011 5:25 PM, "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm looking for something that shows diversity in the open document format
>> ecosystem.
>
> Ah, OK. Rob's chart is unsuitable for that, as he only shows projects that
> have rebranded or reused OpenOffice.org at some time in history.

Yes, that is true. I admit I jumped at your tentative offer of help
and expanded the remit ;-)

>There are
> a number of other significant packages supporting ODF broadly, notably
> Abiword and MS Office. The best list I know is at:
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ODF#Software

Damn, I never even thought of looking there! It's even impartial - thank you!

> You sound like you just want editors; let me know if the
> Wikipedia list helps for your purpose.

It certainly does and if anyone feels that they can improve that list,
go for it. We'll let the Wikipedia editorial process deal with the
impartiality thing.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)