incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: IP Clearance Milestone
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2011 09:45:55 GMT
On Dec 24, 2011 8:54 AM, "Gianluca Turconi" <public@letturefantastiche.com>
wrote:

> In data 24 dicembre 2011 alle ore 01:41:34, Shane Curcuru
> <asf@shanecurcuru.org> ha scritto:
>

>> One might look in the obvious place:
>>   http://www.apache.org/press/
>

> I read there: "Any press release or news announcement that refers to The
> ASF and/or its projects must be reviewed and approved by the VP, Marketing
> and Publicity in advance of its distribution."
>
> How can that work flow be conciliated with press releases or other infos
> released in languages other than English?

The ASF is a big organisation, we have people who speak most languages,
although not all are currently signed up to the press@ list.

One thing that seems relatively easy to do (for multi-lingual releases)
would be to get the English version approved and translate. It's more
difficult when someone wants top make a release in a single language.

Thanks for flagging this, I've shared this mail with press@ to see how
Sally (VP M&P) wants to prepare. Can you take a guess at the languages we
are likely to encounter early.

Ross