incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Off topic
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:31:53 GMT
On 13 December 2011 14:05, Ian Lynch <ianrlynch@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 December 2011 11:12, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure where this meme of "can't be done here in Apache" is coming
>> from.
>>

> Maybe can be done in the future but not right now?

Louis original mail was hinged around " I think it more generally
points to the need to provide a forum for ecosystem activity." and his
subsequent mail was focussed on activities such as "These
included promoting sponsors of work via regulated icons (not garish or
distracting from the thing of value produced itself), as well as
unedited listings of service/support providers."

There is nothing in Apache policy that says the project cannot have
such a page. In needs to be managed sensitively and fairly, but the
PPMC is free to decide on how that is done.

Ross