incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [www][announce] Beginning the Website DNS Migration in 1 Day
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:26:00 GMT
On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 12:43 AM, TJ Frazier <tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> On 12/29/2011 18:26, kay.schenk wrote:

>>>  There's some more CSS trouble with the API:

>>> would have saved a few screenshots. If you can supply some magic numbers
>>> for the /etc/hosts file ("Twang your magic twanger, Froggy!"), I'll take
>>> look at the old api.whatever and report more comprehensively. This may
>>> have
>>> to do with anchors: the obscure title in my reference is the target of a
>>> link at the top of the page. (The link works fine.)
>>>
>>> As for looking at the CSS myself, that's beyond my fu at present. The
>>> color scheme for API was unique, and IMHO could stand some improvement,
>>> but
>>> it's got to /work/. AFAIK, the red was FFFF 0000 0000.

the css comes originally from the autodoc tool and when i remember it
correctly I made minor changes to adapt the colors not more. I hope we can
replace the autodoc tool with another generator that use the type library
directly instead of parsing the IDL files again. And another tool that can
parse the UNO C++ runtime better than autodoc. I would love to drop autodoc
completely.

>>> /tj/ (who is very tired of fumbling with things he doesn't understand,
>>> and
>>> would like to get back to fumbling with things he does understand, but
>>> that
>>> involves a lot of API look-up ...)
>>>

>>>  Things look fine with the white only background on this now. But... from
>> the api "home" page at
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/api/
>>
>> I don't even see where this particular item is linked in. All the API docs
>> seem to be on the wiki.
>>
>>  Please examine the second horizontal blue bar. It says, "Nested
> Modules", in darker blue on lighter blue, if you can read it. The link to
> it is the first words on about the third line of the page; that, too, is
> not marked very clearly (as a link). IIRC, these were bolded when they were
> links, but YMMV. /tj/

i can't find it either way. The reason is that i have made heavy use of the
navigation bar on the left side of the old page and have inserted some more
items there. These are completely missed now. I will rework the content of
the page asap to bring back some missing links.

Juergen