incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.4 release plan
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2011 17:12:37 GMT
On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> We've reached an important code milestone with the copyleft-free
> build, as well as an important infrastructure migration milestone with
> the successful website migration.  This is all great news, considering
> that just 6 months ago some were telling us that both tasks were
> impossible,  Now that we've done the impossible, the remaining work
> should be easy in comparison ;-)
>
> So now on to a 3.4 release, our first Apache release.  I've started a
> wiki page to track the top-level tasks that we'll need to address
> before we can have a release.  I've certainly missed some things, so
> please feel free to enhance.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Release+Plan
>
> -Rob

I think this is a great idea. I'm wondering if one of the "coding" folks
could develop something similar that might give top level details on
internal changes? Specifically I get comments from friends that the "Check
for Updates" from the Help menu no longer functions due to URL update
changes. Are there similar areas that we need to document?

Meanwhile, I will take a look at the new page.

MzK

 by the way its animals are treated."
                              -- Mohandas Gandhi