incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Announce list is live
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2011 21:52:18 GMT
On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Andrew Rist <andrew.rist@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 12/26/2011 2:40 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  wrote:

>>> if we had the announce list already we would have had a post on the
>>> start of the blog)
>>>
>>> Somehow we need to make people aware of the new list.  The intended
>>> audience would be users who find the existing mailing lists too
>>> high-volume,  It is good to have orthogonal ways of reaching out.  If
>>> we just reach out to the existing lists we're missing the very users
>>> we're trying to reach.
>>>
>>>  Assuming we could, would it make sense to send an "announcement" about
>> the
>> new list to the *old*  *announce@openoffice.org?
>>

>> I think Marcus said messages to announce@openoffice.org were modesated by
>> ???? but maybe we could push something through.
>>
> pen a message and I'll post it there.

Hi Andrew --

I just forward the message I received from Rob in total to "
announce@openoffice.org". Got a return from SYMPA that the editors would
look at it. If you or anyone else knows some magic to push this through,
that would be great. The announce@oo.o has about 84000 users!

Andrew

>> *
>>
>>  -Rob
>>>
>>>  But it probably doesn't make sense to promote this until after the

MzK

 by the way its animals are treated."
                              -- Mohandas Gandhi