incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where are we on the website migration, ooo-site -> openoffice.org?
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 22:00:09 GMT
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2011, at 9:44 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Subject above is the question.  I thought we were really close.  What
> >> is needed to push this live?  What specifically are we waiting for?
> >>
> >> -Rob
> >>

> > Well there were there was the "clean up" item on Contributing that you
> > asked for that I was looking at just now and will fix today.
> >
> > I will attempt to look at the "whole" later today, coupled with the small
> > "Content Migration" section we have on this wiki page:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOo-to-ASF-site-recommendation
> >
> > and update it with what I think needs to be done -- to get this up
> > (transferred). Since I know little about dns migration, I hope someone
> else
> > can weigh in here on that -- Dave? Andrew?
>
> Rob asked on another thread and I answered there.
>
> (1) Finish wrapping with breadcrumbs, topnav and folder specific topnav.
> Also license/copyright.
>
> (2) Approval from Trademarks.
>
> (3) Redirection list for subdomains. Kay you could help with this.

I'll try...

> (4) Participate link.

Ok, I just changed the link on this but the cns is ahving issues at the
moment.

(5) the download may need  revision to deal with mirrors. Right now it's
still going to mirrorbrain. We discussed some kind of Apache mirror
solution, but nothing has been setup or tested.

(6) The Forums link on

 http://ooo-site.apache.org/support/

goes to main page (language listing) with Oracle branding whereas the
individual language pages seem to be correct with Apache branding...not
sure what's going on here.

> Then co-ordination with Infra to do these:
>
> (a) Publish build for ooo-site.
> (b) Build VirtualHosts for subdomains.
> (c) Change public DNS for OOo.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>

> > --

> > MzK
> >
> > "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged
> > by the way its animals are treated."
> >                              -- Mohandas Gandhi

MzK