incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WWW] migration complete...at least I think so
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 23:23:15 GMT
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org
> wrote:

> Careful please.  When the domain name is moved, the new site will have the
> URL of the old site.  Don't make any absolute URLs to ooo-site.  If you
> mean that there need to be some references updated to point to the
> developer site (not ooo-site's web presence), that works.

correct! For example, on the N-L projects page, I made all relative URLs
givne our current directory structure. This would be fine.

Given the loss of the old navigation tabs...I don't know what we want to do
about getting people to the legacy "projects", some of which might not make
any sense right now. We have the complete sites, but we probably want to do
quite a bit with reorganization and strategy before linking them in I would
think.

> I still recommend that most of that wait until after the move and this can
> be done systematically.  For now, there is no release to apply the new
> development site too and it can be worked up gradually, it seems to me.
>
> I'm not sure what it means about out-of-date QA material though.  Keep in
> mind that there may still be an OO.o 3.3.1 release.
>
>  - Dennis

MzK