incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kazunari Hirano <khir...@gmail.com>
Subject How many languages will Apache OpenOffice support?
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:32:30 GMT
Hi all,

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Native+Language+Projects

How many languages will we support?
How many platforms will we support?
How many full installation sets will we provide for those languages
and platforms?
How many language packs will we provide for those languages and platforms?

http://ooo-site.apache.org/download/other.html

Will we provide full installation sets and language packs like this?

They were built based on the following policy.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Languages
"If OpenOffice.org UI (User Interface) and HC (Help Content) are
translated around 80% in your language and your language localization
data is available within OpenOffice.org CVS / SVN / HG, Oracle Hamburg
team would build an install set of your language. If the UI is
translated around 80% only a language pack will be built."

Will we follow this policy?

These issues will affect the setting up of Pootle.
https://translate.apache.org/projects/OOo/

Thanks,
khirano
--
khirano@apache.org
OpenOffice.org[TM](incubating)|The Free and Open Productivity Suite