incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lsuarezpo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:24:16 GMT
Hi, Gianluca,
It's a pleasure to see you here again….

(Note: Gianluca was one of OOo's first and originating marketing
leads, among other things. His tenure with and faith in OOo and the
process is great)

On 14 December 2011 09:17, Gianluca Turconi
<public@letturefantastiche.com> wrote:
> Il giorno Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:10:10 -0500
> Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:
>
>> Yes, but the average user doesn't complain about the icon set on
>> mailing lists.
>
> There were *many* complaints on blogs, fori, usenet groups *and* mailing
> lists.
>
> As long as I can remember, there were more complaints only against the
> Renaissance project and the Ribbon-like GUI.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gianluca
> --
> Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
> fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale:
> http://www.letturefantastiche.com/

Again, I think we have tabula rasa. But I also think that, as Rob
reiterates, let's be expeditious and pragmatic, meaning that we may go
for absolutely new things that do real justice to a renaissance
(bright colour coupled with math married to technology enabling
individual property) but I would suggest that for now we simply
improve the colour. And then plan for a 4.0 or 3.5 better world.

louis