incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 19:50:44 GMT
On Dec 17, 2011 5:25 PM, "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for something that shows diversity in the open document format
> ecosystem.

Ah, OK. Rob's chart is unsuitable for that, as he only shows projects that
have rebranded or reused OpenOffice.org at some time in history. There are
a number of other significant packages supporting ODF broadly, notably
Abiword and MS Office. The best list I know is at:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ODF#Software

As Dennis hints, it's a tricky question as the degree of support (extent of
vocabulary recognised, extent of implementation etc) and scope of the tool
(applications supported, read-only or read/write, and so on) both vary. The
full ecosystem if you include viewers, convertors and so in is quite
extensive. You sound like you just want editors; let me know if the
Wikipedia list helps for your purpose.

S.