incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] migration complete...at least I think so
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 19:29:02 GMT

On Dec 1, 2011, at 10:55 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> Hi.  I don't think --force skips errors, I think it does other things.
>
> The problem I noticed is that that, for example, in the documentation/HOW_TO/spreadsheet
folder, there are *different* files whose names are only different in the use of upper-/lower-case.
 For example, sty2.GIF and sty2.gif.  These are actually different and checkout and update
on a Windows/MacOSX, and other case-insensitive file systems will fail when the duplicate
is reached.  This also leaves the folder in a funny state in the Working Copy.  Clean-up can't
fix it either.

I'm doing a svn co on people.apache.org to get away from the case issue on suffixes.

Also I needed to do the following to get past an umlaut in a filename:

export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
locale
LANG=
LC_COLLATE="C"
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="C"
LC_MONETARY="C"
LC_NUMERIC="C"
LC_TIME="C"
LC_ALL="C/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/C/C"

Once I get an export it ought to be possible to find suffix case conflicts.

> I need to install a Windows command-line build of co to see if --force is any help at
all. Tortoise SVN doesn't have a way of exercising that case, or of skipping the failure.

svn --force up does not fix the issue on my Mac. Hence my going to my people.apache.org account.

Regards,
Dave