incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pavel Janík <Pa...@Janik.cz>
Subject Re: Team OpenOffice White Label Office (powered by Apache Open Office)
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 07:28:24 GMT
> I understand this as some form of taking revenge on Oracle (but this
> might only be my interpretation), which, I think, anybody in the
> community should avoid at all, given the generous move of Oracle to
> donate OpenOffice.org to ASF.

This exactly is "seeing only one side of the coin" I wrote in my mail. Yes, if you do not
have any OOo history, then Oracle did a good thing. My opinion is that they did good thing
but they have chosen the worst way to do it.

I think that anyone in the community is free to express they own opinions. And their opinions
depend on their knowledge, history and current mood.

> But - as this directly stoke into my eye when trying "White Label
> Office" - if done so, it will clearly not be allowed to have a
> "Donate..." button on the Welcome Screen as "White Label Office" now
> has (btw: I would advise not to use team@openoffice.org as PayPal
> account as it negatively adds to the image of trying to be "official"
> and will be away soon anyhow; even more offtopic, it might even be
> good for TOOo to change to a name without OOo in it to have a clear
> cut and avoid any suspicion) or even have any reference to TOOo. Then,
> I think, TOOo would really help to improve the transition.

... but I agree with the rest of your message and expect TOOo to answer to your questions
HERE ;-)
--
Pavel Janík