incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <>
Subject Re: IP Clearance Milestone
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2011 15:14:00 GMT

On 2011-12-24, at 04:39 , Ross Gardler wrote:

> Lotus, please do conduct the kind of outreach you are talking about.
> However, please now we have an official Apache blog. Let's not use another.

I am not sure I'd be the one using the official blog anyway. As I mentioned, I'm much less
involved now. Others have been amply demonstrating their zeal, far more than I, who must be
tutored again and again.

> It would be great ifyou can wind down the previous b Blogspot gradually and
> migrate people to our blog.

I did that, earlier this year. I would rather then keep with the AOO officialdom than revert
to the old. No one much reads it now, as I've a) changed topic title and pretty much ceased
posting stuff about OOo and even AOO, and b), it's boring as heck. Like, who cares about political
theory? About open standards and the nefarious efforts to short them or their brave incursions
in eGov? ;-/

So, I'll just post the link to official blog in old, and wherever else it makes sense. As
the new year progresses, if I have more time, I'd surely like to help out more, and certainly
wish to contribute what I can. But we do have really valuable voices here and we do need to
include new communities. I can help there--

> Ross
> On Dec 24, 2011 3:07 AM, "Louis Suárez-Potts" <> wrote:
>> On 2011-12-23, at 19:41 , Shane Curcuru wrote:
>>> But I have and idea.  Why not make a blog post, and then use the new
>> announce list (and various social media channels) to tell this story?
>> That is what we did at an early stage in the PR evolution, before we
>> worked with professional (costly/pro-bono) PR agencies. We maintained--and
>> I still have it in my Blogger account--newsletter.blogspot; prior to that,
>> I maintained newsletter@openoffice and so on.
>> I'd be interested if others would want to rekindle the PR steam engine and
>> start anew. I am much, much less involved in this project's doings, now,
>> fwiw.
>> In short, a *communal* blogpost, as we maintained for a while (Khirano can
>> recall, I am sure) seems apt. I can also ask my far too many press friends
>> and contacts to listen up.
>> But what do we want? Users, developers, contributors? Someone(s) to see
>> that we are not the thawed out undead but freshborn of the living? And so
>> do we simply want the world to see us as a community they can count in and
>> on?
>> Louis

View raw message