incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: PNG Security Vulnerability fixed in 3.3.0
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:41:39 GMT
Hi,

Le 18 déc. 11 à 22:33, tora - Takamichi Akiyama a écrit :

> They do not really need new functionality of office suite. What
> they really need is the software on which they can do their daily
> work.
> In other words, I am typing this email on my Windows XP laptop. I
> know Windows Vista and 7 are available. But, XP is good enough for me.
> I do not say the development effort is unnecessary. It is crucial
> for progress. With understanding customer's variety needs, we could
> do much better work, I think.
>
> Again, does anyone know any information or the best person to contact?
>
>  CVE-2010-4253
>  Security Vulnerability in OpenOffice.org related to PNG file
> processing
>  http://www.openoffice.org/security/cves/CVE-2010-4253.html

This links seems to lead nowhere : I must be wrong, but I don't see
any code. What has been modified in the source code ?  And isn't
there a way to simply see/read the fix / patch applied ?

I know well both 3.2.x and 3.3.x source tree, and I bet I'll be able
to transpose the fix for the 3.2.x tree.

Thanks in advance,
Eric Bachard

--
qɔᴉɹə