incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] new term for old "accepted" projects
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 23:16:43 GMT

On Dec 21, 2011, at 3:04 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 21, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all--
>>>
>>> I was just looking at /projects/accepted.html on
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/
>>>
>>> with the intention of changing the links to the relative treatment we're
>>> using now when I see that Dave has already taken of this! Go Dave! :)
>>
>> Thanks, I've done a ton. I think we are nearly ready to migrate. I did a
>> lot and I think that every "project" is in place and renders as well as can
>> be expected at this point.
>>
>> Next step is to list all the issues I've seen and then to categorize as:
>>
>> (A) To Do Before Migration - like your issue below. This list is short.
>>
>> (B) Nice to Have's - like dealing with the few deep .htm as opposed to
>> .html pages.
>>
>> (C) Possible Trademark Conundrums - mostly having to do with chaotic but
>> successful management of NLC projects - like Greek OpenOffice.org - an
>> anti-pattern to Apache naming. Also, countries like openoffice.org.tr and
>> openoffice.org.il
>>

>>> My question now is -- it would be nice to highlight this page from the
>> home
>>> page as we've done with the "Native Language" area ( another very nice
>>> treatment by Dave!) but what should we call these areas now?
>>> I don't think they should be called "projects" but maybe "teams"? Teh top
>>> verbiage on "accepted.html" would need to be changed as well.
>>
>> I agree that all of the former OOo projects should be called "Teams" -
>> after all they had "Team Leaders" which should go though they are useful
>> historically.
>>
>> I think that I should add a "Teams" menu item to the topnav menu. The
>> verbiage at the top should point to the podling site. And discuss the real
>> whole team at ooo-dev.
>>
>> We should also add "Product" to the topnav pointing at /product/.
>>

>>> It looks like the new site is really moving along well...YAY
>>
>> I'll add Product and Teams to the topnav and you can do what you want to
>> accepted, incubator (change the name as well?) and native-lang.
>>

> great! I should be able to get to a few of these things in the next day or
> so...
>
> Thanks again for all your work! Really I think the site looks great.
> Certainly, no former user should have a problem finding anything they need.

I am very glad :-D

Here is the mdtext I'm about to commit for the adjusted topbar. It will be a big stage and
publish this evening.

- [Product][m0]
- [Download][m1]
- [Support][m2]
- [Extend][m3]
- [Develop][m4]
- [Teams][m6]
- [Native Language][m5]

[m0]:     /product/index.html                                           "OpenOffice.org product
description"
[m1]:     /download/index.html                                          "Download OpenOffice.org"
[m2]:     /support/index.html                                           "Find Support for
OpenOffice.org"
[m3]:     /extensions/index.html                                        "Find Extensions and
Templates"
[m4]:     http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html   "Get involved in Apache
OpenOffice (incubating)"
[m6]:     /projects/accepted.html                                       "Team sites from OpenOffice.org"
[m5]:     /projects/native-lang.html                                    "OpenOffice.org in
your Native Language"

Regards,
Dave